Neck and shoulder pain
"7 Simple ways to relieve daily, frustrating chronic neck and shoulder pain NATURALLY - before it gets any worse."
So you’re looking for information about how to relieve your neck and shoulder pain. Well you’re in the right place! Below are the most common symptoms of neck and shoulder pain we help people with everyday.
Do you suffer from any of the following?
- Sharp pain or spasms that keep you up at night?
- Daily tension-induced migraines?
- Weird pain that comes and goes?
- Throbbing pain that shoots up the back of your head and gets worse with stress and too much time typing?
- Overall tightness in your upper back, neck, and shoulders?
- “Locking up your neck” after doing something as basic as a head check in the car, or sleeping in a weird position?
You are not alone if you feel these ‘common’ problems. Many people don’t get help.
Let it rest, take a few pain killers, and the pain usually goes away on its own. Maybe it does… for a while. But after weeks or months, you notice the pain is still there. What’s more, it’s getting much worse.
You’re so scared something is wrong. You feel like maybe something else is going on. Then you start noticing things that really worry you.
The pain may start to get worse. Now you may feel:
- Sharp, shooting pains that feel like a knife is stabbing into the top of your shoulder into the back of your head
- Feeling that you need to vomit from the pain
- A tight, stressful, tense feeling in the tops of your shoulders that won’t go away with stretching, massage, or anything else you’ve tried
- Pins and needles down the back of your arm that makes parts of your hand tingle and go numb?
- Pain so bad you’re on a bunch of different medications to manage the pain (although you hate the side effects)?
- It’s driving you crazy because you can’t sit up or type on your phone
- Restless nights as you can’t find a comfortable position to sleep
- Depressed, frustrated, and confused because nothing seems to make the agonizing pain go away
- Feeling overly cautious, and nervous that any sudden movement will make your neck “lock up“.
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we hear these worries all the time. In fact, neck and shoulder pain is one of THE most common problems we help people with at our clinics in Mt Waverley, and Murrumbeena.
When it comes to living with neck and shoulder pain, everybody we see wants the answers to these questions:
“Why is this happening to me?”
“Why am I still suffering with neck and shoulder pain that’s getting worse even after 6 months or more?”
When this happens, you get really anxious. Scared. You think something major is going on and at this point you may realise your neck and shoulder pain isn’t going away on its own. People come into our clinics all the time whilst they’re going through this experience. Usually:
- Weeks and months go by…
- More pushing through. More drugs for the pain…
- You Google ‘neck pain treatment’, ‘neck pain home remedies’ and ‘neck and shoulder pain diagnosis’ for a solid solution, but are overwhelmed by the 15 pages of search results…
- You jump on forums hoping to see if:
- someone can relate – so you can feel less alone
- get insight into your condition
- exchange advice about what has worked (or not)
- anyone can recommend who to go to (and not go to)
- there are natural ways to get rid of or manage the pain quickly.
Has that happened to you?
- You’re not doing any exercise and eating badly because you feel depressed…
- You’re confused, scared, and grumpy…
- You can’t help feeling negative and angry about everything and with everyone…
- Your neck and shoulder pain feels so much worse…
- It’s so much worse because you have no clue what’s going on!
- Nothing makes you feel completely normal…
- So you put off making a decision, you feel stuck – you procrastinate…
- You accept the pain as “normal” and “part of your life”. It “has to be that way”…
Is this how you feel too?
If you’re currently living with neck and shoulder pain, here are 7 more reasons why it could be lasting longer than it should:
We understand you may feel lost, sceptical, or completely overwhelmed by now. Please know that you are not alone. Here at Focus Osteopathy, we hear this ALL the time!
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you figure out what to do next. It’s GREAT that you’ve tried any – or all – of these things. You now know what doesn’t work. So you’re a step closer to finding out what does work!
Book a call to chat to a friendly Osteopath at our Murrumbeena or Mount Waverley clinic. Get personalised advice from experts. All calls are FREE – and there’s NO OBLIGATION to make an appointment. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
Don’t procrastinate any longer. Your pain is NOT OK. You DON’T HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT!
What can I do to get rid of MY neck and shoulder pain quickly?
Our experience and knowledge from helping hundreds of people with neck and shoulder pain in our 2 clinics has helped us discover common sources of pain and common ways to relieve neck and shoulder pain quickly for people. These may also work for you.
Here are 4 things you can do:
This can often be the most difficult step in the entire process of getting better. Most people learn to put up with pain which starts off being an annoyance more than anything. However before you know it, 6 weeks has turned into 6 months which has turned in to years and by this stage the pain is no longer just a pain…it has become a real problem.
Ever woken up with pains in your neck? Or felt tightness in your shoulders after a long day at work? That’s because sitting with bad posture or sleeping in an awkward position can make your neck pain worse.
With strengthening exercises for better posture – and hands-on treatment – you’ll give yourself the best opportunity to get active and reduce (or get rid of) your pain as quickly as possible.
At Focus Osteopathy, neck and shoulder pain is one of the most common issues we see people living with and Osteopathy has been shown to be effective for the treatment of neck and shoulder pain.
If your neck and shoulder pain is affecting you at work, disturbing your sleep, holding you back from your activities, or keeping you from enjoying time with family and friends, Osteopathy can give you the best opportunity to get back the healthy lifestyle you deserve.
This exactly why we are here to help! What we understand from your visit to our website today, is that you want a NATURAL way of HEALING your body WITHOUT painkillers, injections, or unnecessary surgery. We’re here to help you figure this out. And give you the confidence, clarity, and direction to do something NATURAL to ease your neck and shoulder pain.
From helping people in our clinics, we’ve found that the number 1 reason why people suffer from neck and shoulder pain is because they are not completely aware of their bodies…but more importantly, most people don’t understand the root cause of their pain.
The truth about neck and shoulder pain…is that there is NO QUICK FIX. There is no MAGIC SOLUTION.
It’s important to understand this:
Over time, for anyone with neck and shoulder pain that’s left untreated, muscles will get weak. Joints will get stiff. And get worse with time.
Do you want to risk waiting?
Would you like to go and find out exactly what’s wrong – and start your recovery now!
At Focus Osteopathy, we are here for TO HELP YOU GET BACK TO GOOD HEALTH. Without neck and shoulder pain. For the long term. No magic pills. No quick fixes. Just a solid, actionable, natural recovery plan made especially for you.
Note: Osteopathy has been proven effective in treating neck and shoulder pain. It’s also generally considered to be safe but occasionally may be associated with possible adverse reactions in individual cases.
It’s worth a go isn’t it? If you’re sick of your neck and shoulder pain, book your completely free, no-obligation, risk-free appointment at one of our clinics.
Note: This free session is for people who are nervous or sceptical about Osteopathy – unsure of its benefits – or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery session. We’ll help you find out what’s wrong – and what can be done – without any financial risk for you.
How can choosing to see an Osteopath at Focus Osteopathy help you relieve your neck and shoulder pain - in the short term?
During your session you’ll:
- Be listened to: we want to understand your struggles and how your problem has been affecting your life
- Set goals: you’ll dig deeply to decide how you want to feel and what you want to accomplish (whether you want to get back to sport or work again, or just get through your day without pain)
- Find out the root causes of your pain from a whole-of-body perspective: you are not your neck and shoulder pain – by understanding you, we get a better picture of how your problem has developed.
What you’ll get from your personalised, one-on-one session:
- You’ll get “manual therapy” techniques where we use our hands or tools to:
- Give you a better night’s sleep by releasing the tension in your neck and shoulders
- Improve your posture through “spinal mobilisations” and advanced stretching techniques to open up your breathing and improve mobility
- Unlock your neck and shoulders so you can move more freely
- Deal with “scar tissue” from old injuries, past surgeries, or repetitive activities such as using your phone or the computer
- An individualised, focussed, corrective exercise program designed for your level of comfort and ability to:
- Improve your exercise form so you won’t need to “modify exercises” around your neck and shoulders anymore
- Boost your energy and restore confidence in your neck and shoulders when you build postural awareness and stability
- Strengthen your neck and restore movement so you can enjoy walking around your home, working out, or simply sitting on your couch for a Friday night movie session again
- Take back control of your body through exercises that give you “body awareness” so you avoid pain “flaring up”
- Long-term support. We are only a phone call or email away.
You’ll find all this in a friendly, approachable, non-judgmental environment. We listen, we care. We want to know why. We are dedicated to guiding you through your journey, positively influencing your life – and the lives of those around you.
When you combine all our tools, techniques, and exercises…you’re more likely to feel stronger and more confident, but most importantly you’re more likely to build a good awareness of your body. This will ultimately give you the best opportunity to live a happy, healthy, and active lifestyle – free of painkillers and away from unnecessary visits to the doctor’s office.
Ready to begin?
Schedule your no-obligation, 100% free 20 minute phone consultation with our Osteopath.
From here we can start an open, and honest conversation about your health, just to make sure we’re the right fit for you.
IF YOUR NECK AND SHOUDLER PAIN IS EXCRUCIATING, or you’re keen to start the healing process ASAP, schedule your 100% FREE 30 minute “discovery session” – a free 30 minute “taster sample” of our services. You’ll get to see our clinic and meet us in person to check if we’re a good fit for each other.