Babies and Children
"Investigating and identifying issues early can make all the difference."
It’s so important to keep an eye on children and babies as they grow. Their bones and muscles develop so quickly over the early years. They may fall into habits and develop conditions that need management.
Does this sound familiar?
“Ava is 14 weeks old and is being breast fed. Lately she is only feeding on the left side and for some reason does not want it any other way. Her mother doesn’t know what the problem could be, but recently noticed that she always seemed to turn her head to the left also. Ava has an older brother, but he never seemed to have this issue.”
Our Osteopaths are gentle and caring when treating babies and children.
Aspects that will be examined and considered include include neuro-muscular causes of:
- Feeding issues
- Constipation and digestive complaints
- Head shape concerns
- Musculoskeletal weight bearing issues, developmental concerns.
Aspects that will be considered include:
- Postural complaints
- Musculoskeletal complaints
- Sporting/recreational activity injuries
- Headaches due to musculoskeletal dysfunction
- Any neuro-muscular contributions to Stomach or Asthma complaints.
Remedial Massage Therapy
Our Massage Therapist works with children and looks at:
- Sports massage needs
- Postural concerns.
Our Exercise Physiologists works with children and considers aspects such as:
- Sports injury pain and management
- Strength and stability
- Postural concerns
- Sport specific strengthening/ conditioning for sports performance, ie. dancers, runners, tennis players
- Preventative exercise
- Overuse injuries or growing pains – knee , hip , ankle, shoulders, or back pain
- Exercise advice for fitness / weight concerns
- Diabetes management.
Our Nutritionist works with children and looks at:
- Eczema and other skin conditions
- Digestive disorders – bloating, stomach pains, food intolerances
- Nutritional advice for behavioural issues – improving concentration / hyperactivity
- Energy levels
- Chronic fatigue
- Healthy eating.
Here’s what we will do
In your first session with us, we will:
- Determine the cause of your child’s pain
- Create a treatment plan
- Work to relieve their pain or discomfort
- Give you advice on movement and posture
- Show you the right exercises to speed their recovery
Talk to us today
Every day, thousands of people around Australia turn to Osteopathy to treat their children. We help lots of kids who come in to get treatment at our clinics.
*This free session is for people who are nervous or sceptical about Osteopathy – unsure of its benefits – or if it is right for them. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions page for further details.