"So you need help to relieve painful, tight muscles…NATURALLY so you can get MOVING FREELY AGAIN."
So you’re looking for information about how to relieve pain with cupping. Well you’re in the right place! Below are the most common symptoms of pain that we help people with everyday.
Do you suffer from any of the following?
- Sharp pain or spasms that keep you up at night in areas such as your shoulders, lower back, legs, or other area?
- Daily tension-induced migraines?
- Weird pain that comes and goes?
- Throbbing pain that shoots up the back of your head and gets worse with stress and too much time typing?
- Overall tightness in a specific part of your body?
You are not alone if you feel these ‘common’ forms of pain. Many people don’t get help. Let it rest, pop a few pain killers, and the pain usually goes away on its own. Maybe it does… for a while.
After weeks or months, you notice the pain is still there. What’s more, it’s getting much worse. You’re so scared something is wrong. You feel like something else is going on. Then you start noticing things that really worry you.
The pain may start to get worse. Now you may feel:
- Sharp, shooting pains that feel like a knife is stabbing in
- Feeling that you need to vomit from the pain
- A tight, stressful, tense feeling that won’t go away with stretching, massage, or anything else you’ve tried
- Pins and needles that makes parts of your body tingle and go numb?
- Pain so bad you’re on different medications to manage the pain (although you hate the side effects)
- Restless nights as you can’t find a comfortable position to sleep
- Depressed, frustrated, and confused because nothing seems to make the ongoing pain go away
- Feeling overly cautious, and nervous about sudden movements.
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we hear these worries all the time. In fact, pain that won’t go away no matter what you’ve tried is one of THE most common problems we help people with at our clinics in Mount Waverley and Murrumbeena.
When it comes to living with frustrating, relentless pain, everybody we see wants the answers to these questions:
“Why is this happening to me?”
“Why am I still suffering with pain that’s getting worse even after 6 months or more?”
When this happens, you really anxious. Scared. You think something major is going on and at this point you may realise your pain isn’t going away on its own. People come into our clinics all the time whilst they’re going through this experience. Usually:
- Weeks and months go by…
- More taking it easy. More drugs for the pain…
- You Google ‘neck pain treatment’, ‘back pain home remedies’ or ‘carpal tunnel pain diagnosis’ for a solid solution, but are overwhelmed by the 15 pages of search results…
- You jump on pain forums hoping to see if:
- someone can relate – so you can feel less alone
- gain insight into your condition
- exchange advice about what has worked (or not)
- who to go to (and not go to)
- there are better ways to manage the pain.
Has that happened to you?
- You’re not doing any exercise (or at low intensity) and eating badly because you feel depressed…
- You’re confused, scared, and grumpy…
- You can’t help feeling negative and angry about everything and with everyone…
- And your pain feels so much worse…
- It’s so much worse because you have no clue what’s going on!
- And nothing makes you feel completely normal…
- So you put off making a decision, you feel stuck – so you procrastinate…
- You accept the pain as “normal” and “part of your life”. It “has to be that way”…
Is this how you feel too?
If you’re currently living with pain, here are 7 more reasons why it could be lasting longer than it should:
We understand you may feel lost, sceptical, or completely overwhelmed by now. Please know that you are not alone. Here at Focus Osteopathy, we hear this ALL the time!
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you figure out what to do next. It’s GREAT that you’ve tried any – or all – of these things. You now know what doesn’t work. So you’re a step closer to finding out what does work!
Book a call to chat to a friendly Osteopath at our Murrumbeena or Mount Waverley clinic. Get personalised advice from experts. All calls are FREE – and there’s NO OBLIGATION to make an appointment. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
Don’t procrastinate any longer. Your pain is NOT OK. You DON’T HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT!
What can I do to get rid of MY pain quickly?
Our experience and knowledge from helping hundreds of people with pain in our 2 clinics has helped us discover common sources of pain and common ways to relieve pain quickly. These may also work for you.
Here are 2 things you can do:
This can often be the most difficult step in the entire process of getting better. Most people learn to put up with pain which starts off being an annoyance more than anything. However before you know it, 6 weeks has turned into 6 months which has turned in to 6 years and by this stage the pain is no longer just a pain…it has become a real problem.
At Focus Osteopathy, muscle tightness and pain are common issues we see people living with.
If muscle tightness or pain is affecting you at work, disturbing your sleep, holding you back from your activities, or keeping you from enjoying time with family and friends, cupping can give you an opportunity to get back the healthy lifestyle you deserve.
This exactly why we are here to help! What we understand from your visit to our website today is that you want a NATURAL way of HEALING your pain WITHOUT pain killers or unnecessary surgery. We’re here to help you figure this out and give you the confidence, clarity, and direction to make the right decision about your health.
From helping people in our clinics, we’ve found that the number 1 reason why people suffer from pain is because they are not completely aware of their bodies…but more importantly, most people don’t understand the root cause of their pain.
The truth about pain…is that there is NO QUICK FIX. There is no MAGIC SOLUTION.
It’s important to understand this:
Over time, for anyone with pain that’s left untreated, muscles will get weak. Joints will get stiff. And get worse with time.
Do you want to risk waiting?
Would you like to go and find out exactly what’s wrong – and start your recovery now!
At Focus Osteopathy, we are here TO HELP YOU MAKE BETTER DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. Living without pain. For the long term. No magic solutions. No quick fixes. Just a solid, actionable, plan made especially for you.
It’s worth a go isn’t it? If you’re sick of your pain, book your completely free, no-obligation, risk-free appointment at one of our clinics.
Note: This free session is for people who are nervous or sceptical about dry needling – unsure of its benefits – or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery session. We’ll help you find out what’s wrong – and what can be done – without any financial risk for you.
How can choosing to see an Cupping Therapist at Focus Osteopathy help you relieve your pain – in the short term?
Here’s what you can expect a Cupping Therapist to work on for you:
This is what we’ve helped many people with through our knowledge and experience working with pain sufferers across our 2 clinics.
During your session you’ll:
- Be listened to: we want to understand your struggles and how your problem has been affecting your life
- Set goals: you’ll dig deeply to decide how you want to feel and what you want to accomplish (whether you want to get back to sport or work again, or just get through your day without pain)
- Find out the root causes of your pain from a whole-of-body perspective: you are not your pain – by understanding you, we get a better picture of how your problem has developed.
What you’ll get from your personalised, one-on-one session:
- You’ll get cupping techniques performed which may:
- Give you a better night’s sleep by releasing the tension in your problem area
- Improve your posture through “spinal mobilisations” and advanced stretching techniques to open up your breathing and improve mobility
- Unlock your problem area so you can move it more freely
- Get rid of “scar tissue” from old injuries, past surgeries, or repetitive activities such as using the computer or playing sport
- Boost your energy and restore confidence in your body when you build postural awareness and stability
- Strengthen your body and restore movement so you can enjoy walking around your home, working out, or simply sitting on your couch for a Friday night movie session again
- Take back control of your body through exercises that give you “body awareness” so you avoid constant tight muscles
- Long-term support. We are only a phone call or email away.
You’ll find all this in a friendly, approachable, non-judgmental environment. We listen, we care. We want to know why. We are dedicated to guiding you through your journey, positively influencing your life – and the lives of those around you.
You’re interested in cupping, but you have a few questions
It uses gentle, controlled suction to boost circulation in your muscle.
You may feel like your skin is pulled up slightly, as in a vacuum. This opens up your muscle tissue and “cleans up” the area. This does a few things:
- Encourage more blood and fluids to circulate
- Help to treat scar tissue
- Get your lymphatic system moving
- Improve skin tone
- Break up cellulite
- Improve mobility and range of movement
- Calm your nervous system
- Draw inflammation out of your body
- Get rid of waste through your arteries, capillaries, and veins.
It can work in the 1 session – or it may take a few more sessions. As with any other treatment, it depends on a few things such as:
- How long you’ve had your problem
- The extent of your problem
- How quickly your body can heal
- Situations that might cause you to have a negative response to cupping (we’ll check with you before your session).
Cupping can only be done by a qualified practitioner who has formally studied – and has practiced the skills in a clinic. So they know how to safely treat you.
What’s more, we combine cupping with other osteopathy techniques (which are backed by research and evidence).
Cupping is generally more uncomfortable than painful as your skin is “sucked” upwards like a vacuum.
However, as with any treatment, your response to cupping may be different from other people.
Generally people get a mark on the cupped areas.
The type of mark depends on how much “internal stagnation” or “congestion” each person has – how “blocked up” they are.
If there’s not much stagnation and you’re relatively healthy, you may leave with the outline of a circle. This may last 1-3 days.
If you get bad muscle tightness, headaches, painful periods, or different types of muscle pain often, you’re more likely to leave the session with with purple-black marks. It may last up to 15 days.
These marks are often mistaken for bruising, yet they are:
- Therapeutic: as they bring the stagnation out of your tissues to the surface, where it can heal
- Diagnostic: the amount and nature of the discoloration gives us an insight into your body
You may also feel a bit drowsy after your session. This is normal.
Note that cupping has given good pain relief to people who have tried many options. It’s generally considered to be safe but occasionally may be associated with possible adverse reactions in individual cases.
Please contact us if you have any questions about possible side effects for you.
Yes, but we don’t recommend it. Rest is a good way to let the treatment settle into your body. But if you can’t hold back, then choose light exercise such as walking.
Every person’s situation is different and cupping may – or may not be work for everyone.
Note that although there’s no conclusive research about cupping, people we’ve treated in our clinics have had great results in relieving their pain. That’s because we combine cupping (no conclusive evidence) with osteopathy manual techniques which are based on quality research and evidence.
Ready to begin?
Schedule your no-obligation, 100% free 20 minute phone consultation with our expert Cupping Therapist.
From here we can start an open, and honest conversation about your problems, just to make sure we’re the right fit for you.
If you are ready and keen to start the healing process ASAP, schedule your 100% FREE “Discovery Session” – a free 20 minute “taster sample” of our services. You’ll get to see our clinic and meet us in person to check if we’re a good fit for each other.