"Discover how food can bring you back to balance: find more energy, sleep better, digest better - feel 100%."
What is functional nutrition?
Many health problems are caused by not eating according to our body’s needs. Functional Nutrition uses real food to bring your body back to health.
Functional nutritionists are known as Nutritional Therapy Practitioners. They are certified by the Nutritional Therapy Association, Inc.®
Functional nutrition could be for you if:
- You have trouble sleeping
- Can’t digest easily
- Get mood swings
- Have skin flare-ups and congestion
- Tire easily and often.
What functional nutrition can do for you
Functional nutritionists find out the cause of health problems through a gentle, systematic approach:
- They’ll assess your nutritional needs and recommend changes in your diet
- Work out what will help bring your body into balance and suggest lifestyle improvements
- Identify what nutrients you may be lacking and advise you on nutritional supplements.
A Functional nutritionist is trained to support your doctor’s diagnosis and other therapies. Rather than giving a medical diagnosis, prescribe or treat medical conditions, illness, or disease, they aim to figure out what will nourish your body – and get you back into a healthy balance.
You’ll understand how food affects your body. You’ll discover why whole foods packed with nutrients – and prepared properly – can change the way your body functions.
You’ll learn how to reconnect with your body and be more aware of how your body responds to nutrients so you enjoy:
- Better focus
- More restful sleep and refreshed wake ups
- Improved energy
- More contentment from your meals
- More regular menstrual cycles
- Stronger immune system
- Better fit into your favourite clothes
- More positive state of mind.
Want to try out functional nutrition?
Booking a functional nutrition assessment with one of our trained Natural Therapy Practitioners is as easy as picking up the phone or filling out our online form.
Your first session
Before your first session
- Fill in a general health questionnaire
- Ask you to keep a food diary for 3 days before visiting us
- Sign a disclaimer so you know what your Nutritional Therapy Practitioner can help you with.
After the session
You’ll complete a simple Nutritional Assessment Questionaire online (300 questions you tick as you go – takes around 30 minutes). This will help us discover more about how your body works.
After 2 to 3 sessions
Your practitioner may get you to complete simple tests, known as Functional Evaluation. It involves:
- Taking your blood pressure and pulse
- Assessing reflex points on your body by touch (located close to where your organs are – torso, abdomen, and rib cage)
- Recommendations with reasons behind them so you understand how the process can help you reach your health goals
- Open and constant communication: we want you to feel comfortable at all times.
What to expect
You’ll be asked to lie on the therapy table and with your permission, your practitioner will ask you to rate the level of tenderness as they gently touch each reflex point. They use knowledge about the connection between nerve endings in your skin and your body’s internal organs.
Note: If you don’t feel comfortable with this process, please let us know. It’s no problem at all. We can make general recommendations from the answers on your paperwork and initial interview.
How many sessions do I need?
It depends. It’s an ongoing process, although our aim is for you to take a minimal number of sessions to get your body back into balance. Visits are usually from 2 weeks to 8 weeks apart.
At the start, we see you more frequently. To understand your body. Help you understand. Educate you. Give you support.
As you feel more confident about your food choices and get a better awareness of your body, we can see you less – until we don’t need to see you at all!
Talk to us today
Every day, thousands of people around Australia turn to functional nutrition to bring their body back to balance. While everyone’s situation is different, you may experience an improvement in your body quite quickly.