"You want a POSITIVE, CALM, HAPPY birth experience"
So you’re looking for information about a relaxed birthing experience. Well you’re in the right place! Below are the most common worries and problems we help mum’s with everyday.
Are you worried about any of the following?
- How your body will handle giving birth?
- How bad the pain will be?
- Whether all those horrible birthing stories will happen to you?
- Whether you’ll have to take drugs even if you don’t want to?
- Ways to reduce your anxiety?
- Whether there’s such a thing as a stress-free birth?
- How painful it will be– especially after your first bad experience?
- Not being in control?
- How to get through a long labour?
If you’re thinking about all this, you’re not alone – we hear these worries all the time. In fact, birthing worries are some of THE most common worries we help mums with at our clinics in Mount Waverley and Murrumbeena.
When it comes to giving birth, every mum we see wants the answers to these questions:
“How can I have a relaxing birth?”
“Is it possible to be in control during labour and birth?”
There are so many horrible birthing stories. You can’t help being anxious about all those terrifying experiences you’ve heard about. Mum’s come in all the time after they’ve gone through this experience:
- You consult Dr Google for ‘how to have a stress-free birth?’, ‘is hypnobirthing worth it?’ and ‘drug-free birth’ for feedback’, but are overwhelmed by the 15 pages of search results…
- You jump on forums hoping:
- someone can relate to your worries and hopes – so you can feel less alone
- to get insight into what has worked (or not)
- to work out whether it’ll work for you
- someone can recommend who to go to (and not go to)
- there are natural ways to get through childbirth.
What do you want for your birthing experience?
Childbirth doesn’t have to be a negative, horrible experience. Do you want:
- A pain-free (or almost pain-free) labour and birth
- No stitches
- A quick recovery
- A calm birth because you want a calm baby
- Relaxation techniques to avoid stress and help you feel in control
- Your birthing partner to have a clear role during the birth
- To get through without pain relief or unnecessary intervention
- A stress-free experience – or as little stress as possible
- To get you in the right headspace and have something to focus on throughout labour and birth
- To better understand the labour and birthing process so you’ll feel less anxious as you know what’s happening in your body and how to help your body get ready for birth naturally.
Yet you understand:
- Your pregnancy may not go as planned
- You may need medical intervention to make sure your health and your baby’s health aren’t at risk
- You may still feel pain
- No-one can guarantee that you’ll have a pain-free, drug-free birth
- No-one can guarantee you a calm baby
- Every person is different. Every situation is different. What may work for others, may not work for you.
We understand you may feel lost, sceptical, or completely overwhelmed by now. Please know that you are not alone. Here at Focus Osteopathy, we hear this ALL the time!
Book a call to chat to a friendly Osteopath at our Murrumbeena or Mount Waverley clinic. Get personalised advice from experts. All calls are FREE – and there’s NO OBLIGATION to make an appointment. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
Don’t procrastinate any longer.
What can I do to have a happy and healthy birth?
Our experience and knowledge from helping mums have a calm birth in our clinics has helped us share techniques that make it more likely for mums to have a relaxing birth experience. These may also work for you.
Here are 3 things you can do:
Many mums don’t make the effort to understand the birthing process – or how they can take control of their experience.
By getting help, you’re taking a positive step to change the way you feel about childbirth – and although there are many aspects of childbirth you may not be able to control – you can find out what aspects of childbirth you can control.
This can affect your birthing experience.
Your Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner can give you knowledge, techniques and tools to help you prepare for your birth, feel empowered and ready for labour and childbirth:
- Physical aids
- Partner support
- And more.
At Focus Osteopathy, pregnancy is one of the most common reasons mums visit us.
Through hypnobirthing techniques, and gentle, hands-on Osteopathy treatment, you’ll give yourself the best opportunity to enjoy a calm and positive labour and birth experience.
That is exactly why we are here to help! What we understand from your visit to our website today, it’s because you want a RELAXING, NATURAL and POSITIVE way to get through labour and childbirth. We’re here to help you figure this out and give you the confidence, clarity, and direction to feel EMPOWERED and have a POSITIVE labour and birth experience.
From helping hundreds of mum’s in our clinics, we’ve found that the number 1 reason why mum’s suffer from pain is because they expect it – and are not completely aware of what’s happening in their bodies…but more importantly, most mum’s don’t understand the process of labour and childbirth.
The truth about childbirth…is that there is NO GUARANTEED STRESS-FREE birth. There is no MAGIC PILL TO GET RID OF ALL PAIN.
It’s important to understand this:
You can get to your due date unprepared, feeling stressed, out of control, and anxious.
Do you want to risk waiting?
Would you like to go and find out ways to handle birth – and have a better opportunity for a happy and healthy birth?
At Focus Osteopathy, we are here for TO HELP YOU HAVE A POSITIVE BIRTH. By helping you understand the process, giving you techniques to get you through and to empower you to feel in control of your body.
No magic pills. No guarantees. Just solid, actionable, hypnobirthing preparation and a plan made especially for you.
The truth is, without knowing you or your medical history intimately, we cannot tell you what will work best for you and even if we did know the root cause of your birthing concerns, there are no guarantees that any one single strategy will work.
Over the last few years, we’ve been able to narrow down what really does and doesn’t work when it comes to the most relaxing ways to give birth.
Our techniques for helping mum’s approach labour and birth with confidence and joy are based on our experience and knowledge in treating mum’s in our clinics. What’s more, one of our directors and Osteopaths, Dr Lorrae Griffiths is also a mum – and has a keen interest in helping other mum’s with natural ways to get through pregnancy, labour, birth – and beyond.
It’s worth a go isn’t it? If you’re sick of feeling petrified about childbirth, book your completely free, no-obligation, risk-free appointment at one of our clinics.
Note: This free session is for mum’s who are nervous or sceptical about hypnobirthing – unsure of its benefits – or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery session. We’ll help you understand this service – and what can be done – without any financial risk for you.
How can choosing to see a Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner at Focus Osteopathy help you with your worries about childbirth?
Here’s what you can expect your Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner to work on for you:
This is what we’ve helped many mum’s with through our knowledge and experience working with pregnant mum’s across our clinics.
During your session you’ll:
- Be listened to: we want to understand your worries about the birthing process
- Set goals: you’ll dig deeply to decide how you want to feel and what you want to from the experience
- Find out the root causes of your worries from a whole-of-body perspective: you don’t need to be consumed by your worries – by understanding you, we get a better picture of how your worries have developed.
What you’ll get from your personalised, one-on-one session:
- A deeply caring, attentive program to:
- Help you find harmony with your body and your baby
- Boost your confidence and trust in your body when you understand what’s happening in your body during labour and childbirth
- Take control of your mind and body through techniques and tools so you can release fear and anticipate a joyful and positive experience
- Support. We are only a phone call or email away.
You’ll find all this in a friendly, approachable, non-judgmental environment (with female Hypnobirthing Therapists available). We listen, we care. We want to know why. We are dedicated to guiding you through your journey, positively influencing your life – and the lives of those around you.
This will ultimately give you the best opportunity to have a happy, healthy, calm and positive birth where you can enjoy your new baby afterwards – without unnecessary interventions!
We understand that every person’s situation is different and these aims may – or may not be fulfilled for every person. Birth is different for every person.
Hypnobirthing gives you a natural way to deal with the experience. It can guide you toward a positive birthing experience based on our experience and knowledge in helping mums in our clinics.
Yet there are no guarantees the birth process will happen as planned. In fact, it’s best to expect the unexpected in birth!
So whatever happens, there’s no judgement. Your decisions to get through so you and your baby stay safe and comfortable – are the right decisions.
All we want to do is empower you so you give yourself the best opportunity for a positive birth.
Ready to begin?
Schedule your no-obligation, 100% free 20 minute phone consultation with our Certified Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner.
From here we can start an open, and honest conversation about the birth, just to make sure we’re the right fit for you.
IF YOU’RE ANXIOUS ABOUT HOW TO HAVE A HEALTHY, CALM, HAPPY BIRTH, and keen to prepare yourself (and your partner) ASAP, schedule your 100% FREE “Discovery Session” – a free 20 minute “taster sample” of our services. You’ll get to see our clinic and meet us in person to check if we’re a good fit for each other.