"7 Simple ways to relieve chronic, daily annoying knee pain...WITHOUT injections, taking painkillers or having to wear a support."
So you’re looking for information about how to relieve your knee pain. Well you’re in the right place! Below are the most common symptoms of knee pain we help people with everyday.
Do you suffer from any of the following?
- Sharp pain in your knee when you stand up from a seated position or when climbing stairs (like your knee is going to give way and has no strength)?
- Pain and clicking with twisting movements in your knee?
- Dull pain or discomfort from sitting or driving for too long?
- Soreness and stiffness from standing or walking too long?
- Sharp pain that makes it hard for you to keep up with your friends when hiking, running, or at the gym?
- A torn meniscus that doesn’t seem to be getting better?
- Trouble putting weight on your knee when you’re running?
- Fear that something is wrong as you experience pain even though you’ve had meniscus surgery, ACL surgery, or even a total knee replacement?
You are not alone if you feel these ‘common’ knee problems. Many people don’t get help.
Let it rest, take a few painkillers, and the pain usually goes away on its own. Maybe it does… for a while. But after weeks or months, you notice the pain is back. What’s more, it’s getting much worse.
You’re anxious something is wrong. You feel like maybe something else is going on. Then you start noticing things that really worry you.
The pain may start to get worse. Now you may feel:
- Sensitivity in your knee to cold temperatures
- Sharp, shooting pains that feel like a knife is stabbing into your knee
- Burning sensation when your knee touches anything though the pain is not constant
- A dull, deep ache so you limp with every step
- Exercising is a no-no as it hurts to even walk a little
- Your knee locks when you’re falling asleep and it’s excruciatingly painful
- It’s a struggle to get up or down stairs without holding the rail
- So scared because your doctor said the only option left is a ‘knee replacement’ for your ‘arthritis’
- Excruciating pain that’s not going away and nothing helps anymore.
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we hear these worries all the time. In fact, knee pain is one of THE most common problems we help people with at our clinics in Mt Waverley, and Murrumbeena.
When it comes to living with knee pain, everybody we see wants the answers to these questions:
“Why is this happening to me?”
“Why am I still suffering with knee pain that’s getting worse even after 6 months or more?”
When this happens, you get really anxious. Scared. You think something major is going on and at this point you may realise your knee pain isn’t going away on its own. People come into our clinics all the time whilst they’re going through this experience. Usually:
- Weeks and months go by…
- More pushing through. More drugs for the pain…
- You Google ‘knee pain treatment’, ‘knee pain home remedies’ and ‘knee pain diagnosis’ for a solid solution, but are overwhelmed by the 15 pages of search results…
- You jump on forums hoping to see if:
- someone can relate – so you can feel less alone
- get insight into your condition
- exchange advice about what has worked (or not)
- anyone can recommend who to go to (and not go to)
- there are natural ways to get rid of or manage the pain quickly.
Has that happened to you?
- You’re not doing any exercise and eating badly because you feel depressed…
- You’re confused, scared, and grumpy…
- You can’t help feeling negative and angry about everything and with everyone…
- Your knee pain feels so much worse…
- It’s so much worse because you have no clue what’s going on!
- Nothing makes you feel completely normal…
- So you put off making a decision, you feel stuck – you procrastinate…
- You accept the pain as “normal” and “part of your life”. It “has to be that way”…
Is this how you feel too?
If you’re currently living with knee pain, here are 7 more reasons why it could be lasting longer than it should:
We understand you may feel lost, sceptical, or completely overwhelmed by now. Please know that you are not alone. Here at Focus Osteopathy, we hear this ALL the time!
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you figure out what to do next. It’s GREAT that you’ve tried any – or all – of these things. You now know what doesn’t work. So you’re a step closer to finding out what does work!
Book a call to chat to a friendly Osteopath at our Murrumbeena or Mount Waverley clinic. Get personalised advice from experts. All calls are FREE – and there’s NO OBLIGATION to make an appointment. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
Don’t procrastinate any longer. Your pain is NOT OK. You DON’T HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT!
What can I do to get rid of MY knee pain quickly?
Our experience and knowledge from helping hundreds of people with knee pain in our 2 clinics has helped us discover common sources of pain and common ways to relieve knee pain quickly for people. These may also work for you.
Here are 4 things you can do:
This can often be the most difficult step in the entire process of getting better. Most people learn to put up with pain which starts off being an annoyance more than anything. However before you know it, 6 weeks has turned into 6 months which has turned in to years and by this stage the pain is no longer just a pain…it has become a real problem.
We were not designed to sit for as long as we do. It’s an awkward, unnatural position and our knees aren’t built to stay like that.
With strengthening exercises for better posture – and hands-on treatment – you’ll give yourself the best opportunity to get active and reduce (or remove) your pain as quickly as possible.
At Focus Osteopathy, knee pain is one of the most common issues we see people living with and Osteopathy has been shown to be effective for the treatment of knee pain.
If your knee pain is affecting you at work, disturbing your sleep, holding you back from your activities, or keeping you from enjoying time with family and friends, Osteopathy can give you the best opportunity to get back the healthy lifestyle you deserve.
This exactly why we are here to help! What we understand from your visit to our website today, is that you want a NATURAL way of HEALING your body WITHOUT painkillers, injections, or unnecessary surgery. We’re here to help you figure this out. And give you the confidence, clarity, and direction to do something NATURAL to ease your knee pain.
From helping people in our clinics, we’ve found that the number 1 reason why people suffer from knee pain is because they are not completely aware of their bodies…but more importantly, most people don’t understand the root cause of their pain.
The truth about knee pain…is that there is NO QUICK FIX. There is no MAGIC SOLUTION.
It’s important to understand this:
Over time, for anyone with knee pain that’s left untreated, muscles will get weak. Joints will get stiff. And get worse with time.
Do you want to risk waiting?
Would you like to go and find out exactly what’s wrong – and start your recovery now!
At Focus Osteopathy, we are here for TO HELP YOU GET BACK TO GOOD HEALTH. Without knee pain. For the long term. No magic pills. No quick fixes. Just a solid, actionable, natural recovery plan made especially for you.
Note: Osteopathy has been proven effective in treating knee pain. It’s also generally considered to be safe but occasionally may be associated with possible adverse reactions in individual cases.
It’s worth a go isn’t it? If you’re sick of your knee pain, book your completely free, no-obligation, risk-free appointment at one of our clinics.
Note: This free session is for people who are nervous or sceptical about Osteopathy – unsure of its benefits – or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free discovery session. We’ll help you find out what’s wrong – and what can be done – without any financial risk for you.
How can choosing to see an Osteopath at Focus Osteopathy help you relieve your knee pain - in the short term?
During your session you’ll:
- Be listened to: we want to understand your struggles and how your problem has been affecting your life
- Set goals: you’ll dig deeply to decide how you want to feel and what you want to accomplish (whether you want to get back to sport or work again, or just get through your day without pain)
- Find out the root causes of your pain from a whole-of-body perspective: you are not your knee pain – by understanding you, we get a better picture of how your problem has developed.
What you’ll get from your personalised, one-on-one session:
- You’ll get “manual therapy” techniques where we use our hands or tools to:
- Loosen your muscles and tendons to boost your flexibility
- Deal with “scar tissue” that may have built up from old injuries, past surgery, or repetitive activity like running or sitting
- Unlock stiff, achy joints to help you move better
- Experience our unique style of “trigger point” release that “hits the spot” of nagging pain that’s so hard to find
- An individualised, focussed, corrective exercise program designed for your level of comfort and ability to:
- Get you back to the gym with better exercise form so you won’t have to “modify exercises” around your knees anymore
- Strengthen your legs so you can enjoy bushwalking again and approach stairs with confidence
- Increase your flexibility, and get you moving easily and comfortably when you return to your daily activities (even if you have arthritis)
- Long-term support. We are only a phone call or email away.
You’ll find all this in a friendly, approachable, non-judgmental environment. We listen, we care. We want to know why. We are dedicated to guiding you through your journey, positively influencing your life – and the lives of those around you.
When you combine all our tools, techniques, and exercises…you’re more likely to feel stronger and more confident, but most importantly you’re more likely to build a good awareness of your body. This will ultimately give you the best opportunity to live a happy, healthy, and active lifestyle – free of painkillers and away from unnecessary visits to the doctor’s office.
Ready to begin?
Schedule your no-obligation, 100% free 20 minute phone consultation with our Osteopath.
From here we can start an open, and honest conversation about your health, just to make sure we’re the right fit for you.
IF YOUR KNEE PAIN IS EXCRUCIATING, or you’re keen to start the healing process ASAP, schedule your 100% FREE 30 minute “discovery session” – a free 30 minute “taster sample” of our services. You’ll get to see our clinic and meet us in person to check if we’re a good fit for each other.