What is Clinical Pilates?
Clinical Pilates is a modified form of traditional Pilates. Our Osteopaths use it to help patients manage injury and provide rehabilitation.
It trains your body’s deep postural muscles to give you control and increase stability in your spine, pelvis, hips, neck and shoulder regions.
Clinical Pilates focuses on your deep abdominal and lower back muscles, pelvic and upper/middle back muscles.
What we do
- Diagnose and treat pain and injury
- Create exercises to target your problem areas
- Guide you and give you exercises that are safe and personalised to your needs
- Get your body back to its best as soon as possible.
About the exercises
Exercises can be performed using your own body weight, or with the help of equipment.
Each exercise is performed with attention to proper breathing techniques and abdominal control.
Qualifications of our Clinical Pilates Instructors
Our Clinical Pilates instructors are either fully qualified Osteopaths or Exercise Physiologists. They also have Exercise Science and Level 2 Pilates Mat and Reformer equipment qualifications.
Why do Clinical Pilates?
Clinical Pilates caters for people of all ages and capabilities.
Some reasons that people do Clinical Pilates include:
- Lower back pain
- Pelvic stability problems
- Recurrent sporting injuries – hamstring, groin, shoulder
- General fitness and toning
- Pre and post natal care
- Sports specific performance enhancement.
What to Bring
If applicable please bring:
- Any relevant information from your health history such as letters from your GP, x-rays, CT scans, MRI scans or ultrasound scans
- Water bottle.
What to Wear
Comfortable, loose clothing.
Clinical Pilates Mount Waverley
- Monday: 9.00am – 8.00pm
- Tuesday: Not Available
- Wednesday: 8.00am – 12.00pm
- Thursday: 12.00pm – 6.30pm
- Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am – 12:30pm
Clinical Pilates Murrumbeena
- Monday: 4.00pm – 7.00pm
- Tuesday: 8.00am – 12.00pm
- Wednesday: 8.00am – 7.00pm
- Thursday: 8.00am – 6.30pm
- Friday: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Saturday: Not Available