Sports Osteopathy in Mount Waverley Melbourne
Our team will work with you to get your body back to working at its best so you can optimize your sporting performance.
Does this Sound Familiar?
Dean loves to run. He also likes to swim and cycle. Recently whilst participating in a triathalon Dean badly strained his hamstring. This is not the first time this has happened, in fact it’s the 4th time in the last 3 years. He has since been recovering but is desperate to do some rehab and start training again. However this time he wants, actually he NEEDS, to do it properly. But it’s so hard to find somewhere that will provide first class rehab and conditioning and also excellent hands-on treatment.
Some aspects that our Sport Osteopaths will consider and examine include:
- Treatment and management of sports related injuries including:
- Muscle tears
- Joint injuries
- Impact injuries
- General management of condition for sports
- Pre and post event treatment and assessment
- Assessment and advice of areas such as:
- Bike position
- Running style, and more.
- Injury prevention includes:
- Treatment of imbalances
- Advice to prevent injury.
- Pre and post event conditioning – for example cycling , running, triathlon, etc.
- Sports massage
- Postural advice specific to sport
- Stretch and exercise advice
- Post event recovery
- Event specific conditioning and exercises to enhance:
- injury prevention.
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction for injury prevention
- Sport injury management
- Weight loss and management
- Chronic pain related to sport
- Advice and monitoring of exercise technique and progression.
Contact us for all your Osteopathy and healthcare questions.