Back and Neck
Back and neck pain are the two most common complaints treated by our practitioners at Focus Osteopathy.
Treatment of back and neck pain at Focus Osteopathy aims to firstly reduce pain and make you more comfortable. Efforts then go into increasing function to get you back to the activities you want to do. Finally rehabilitation treatment is started to prevent future injury.
Does this Sound Familiar?
“Brad is sick and tired (literally) of waking with a stiff neck and a sore back. It used to only take a bit of a stretch to get him going, but these days the discomfort of his neck and back is sometimes lasting the entire day. A work colleague mentioned that it could be his bed – but where on earth do you start with beds? The last thing Brad wants to deal with is a young buck salesperson who is more interested in making targets than Brad’s welfare.
“Lately I’ve even had to avoid picking up the grandkids…yet I’m only 58 – this shouldn’t be happening yet”
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of neck and back pain – including pain as a result of stress, or posture and pains which are travelling down the arms or into the hip and leg regions
- Headaches – as a result of musculoskeletal strain
- Any neuro-muscular causes of poor circulation
- Joint restriction – range of motion
- Postural advice
- Preventative exercises.
- Postural advice
- Postural-related stress and strain
- Muscular tension
- Frequency of headaches.
- Tension headaches
- Poor posture and upper body stability
- Work related pain (i.e. individuals with desk jobs, labourers, nurses etc)
- Chronic muscular pain, stiffness and tension
- Poor core strength
- Chronic neck or back pain
- Sciatica or other nerve pain
- Disc bulges, arthritis, facet degeneration, post-surgery etc
- Reduced strength and range of motion
- Sport related injuries.
Contact us for all your Osteopathy and healthcare questions.