Toxins: what’s the big deal?
Every day we are surrounded by toxins from our environment and our own body generates toxins internally.
Environmental toxins include:
- Food additives
- Heavy metals like lead, mercury and aluminum.
These are found in everyday items such as our food, household cleaners, drinking water, fish, air, cosmetics, bug sprays, and air fresheners. The negative effects can range from cancer, skin rashes, and allergies to birth defects, miscarriage and blocked absorption of nutrients.
Our own body toxins include:
- Bad bacteria
These toxins are absorbed into the bloodstream which can affect your health and vitality.
Our Detox Programs
A natural detoxification program can be one of the most effective strategies for rapidly improving the state of your health as it may help clear toxins out of your body and leave you feeling healthy and energetic.
We offer 2 detox programs:
- Comprehensive Detox Program (6 weeks)
- Express Detox Program (2 weeks).
Comprehensive Detoxification Program
Are you feeling:
- Low in energy?
- Is your digestion giving your problems?
- Does your body need a thorough ‘spring clean’ to get you feeling fantastic again?
You may benefit from this 6 week program. The program:
- Removes toxin exposure through dietary and lifestyle changes
- Removes bad bacteria and waste from your digestive system
- Renews your digestive lining and the healthy bacteria to improve your digestive function
- Releases your body’s toxins so they can be eliminated.
The safe and natural supplements used will support your body and help it to detoxify. This gives your body’s detoxification and repair systems a chance to work at their best.
Express Detox Program
Are you feeling or have you:
- Generally or often unwell?
- Been overindulging? Eg. Christmas, big celebrations
- Completed a full detox recently?
An Express Detox is perfect as an annual or 6 monthly ‘spring clean’ to get you back on track and feeling great!
Pregnancy: Detoxification should not be attempted during pregnancy. But is ideal as a preconception program. If you fall pregnant while doing a detox you should stop the program and contact our Nutritionist.
Medication: Detoxification can change the way some medicines work. Let our Nutritionist know if you are taking any prescription medications.
Side-effects: Some people may occasionally experience symptoms such as nausea, changes in bowel function or headaches. Generally these are short-term and will pass. Discuss them with our Nutritionist if they are severe or last for more than a few days.