Serena jumped at the opportunity to join the Focus team, having been a local in the area her whole life – kicking a football between the big sticks at Central Reserve, grazing knees at the Jells Park netball courts and consuming one too many Choc Tops at the Village Cinemas.
She brings with her a wonderful mix of experience to the administration team, spending time working in a busy call centre and making life-altering calls from the sideline as a dedicated sports coach. She is also studying in her final year of osteopathy, and in awe of the amazing practitioners around her everyday.
Tip… Yes, my father absolutely named me after the GOAT Serena Williams during her 1998 campaign. No, I am not 0.001% as talented as her on the green court.
- Qualifications: Masters of Osteopathy – pending graduation in 2020…
- Role: Front Desk/Customer Excellence Team
- Born: Fitzroy
- Star Sign: Aquarius (all the curiosity, none of the rebellion)
- Siblings: An older sister – imagine a smarter, shorter version of me
- Colour: Changes with the seasons
- Restaurant: Proud Peacock – unreal local Vietnamese foods made with love and efficiency
- Food: Ice-cream from Grom, Florence on a 35° day
- Holiday: Annecy, France – lakeside meets mountains meets happiness
- TV Show: Friday Night Lights. What a touchdown!
- Singer/Group: Kevin Garrett – if you visit the clinic, you’ll hear the magic
- Celebrity: Aussie Hero – Darcy Vescio. Woman with infinite talents.
- Book: Something I should pick up more often…
- Sports: AFL – heart and soul of Melbournian culture
- Team: St. Kilda AFL/AFLW (still recovering from the 2010 draw). Melbourne Vixens. Manchester United. Whatever team Sam Kerr is donning.
- Hobbies: Answering questions about myself on an official website